Sunday, February 10, 2013

CHALKBOARD TECHNIQUE

Also called Blackboard Technique.  It's the biggest craze at the moment.  Everywhere you look cardmakers are having a go so I thought I would as well. 

It's quite simple.  All you need is black cardstock, white embossing powder, a white coloured pencil for drawing in lines and colouring and your Whisper White Craft Ink Pad.

These are the cards we made at one of my recent classes.

Step 1
Stamp your image with Versamark on Black Cardstock and heat emboss white embossing powder over the image.

Step 2
Using a damp sponge rub a small amount of Whisper White Craft ink backwards and forwards over the image till you achieve a "dirty" blackboard effect.  When it dries it looks fantastic.

Step 3
Using a white coloured pencil, outline the edges of the "board" or colour in sections of your embossed image.


For this next card I used sentiments from a couple of sets - Create a Cupcake and Bring on the Cake.  I have these in clear mount which makes life a whole lot easier when you are doing this technique.  I mounted them all at once on my F Block so I only had to stamp the image once.  If you have them wood mounted you would need to stamp each sentiment and then emboss them one at a time.



This one was a little different.  I stamped the flower image in Whisper White and heat set it with my heat gun.  Once dry I coloured the image in with coloured pencils.  I also used a red pencil to give a shadow to the first letters of each word and I used a Pool Party coloured pencil to do the outline around the edge.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  Give it a go, it's a lot of fun and a little bit different.

Happy Stamping

Tina

3 comments:

  1. I love your chalkboard samples & great tips TFS,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards here Tina. I particularly liked the use the the blackboard technique with the Poppies. I would never have thought of that. Do you mind if I CASE. Best wishes, Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carolyn, I don't mind if you case. Enjoy experimenting.x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...